Find Lesson Plans on! GettyGames

Clay Whistle Lesson Plan

From: Judy Decker (jdecker_at_TeacherArtExchange)
Date: Sun Jun 08 2003 - 09:45:02 PDT

Dear Art Educators,

Some one was looking for lessons on clay searching for Middle
School sites to share, I ran across this lesson plan: (scroll down to examples)

The lesson doesn't tell you how to make a whistle - but may give you a
framework to work with (objectives, vocab etc). Here are links to
step -by -step lessons: (another source)
examples to show:

Vivian has some on her site:

Lin made them with fifth graders:
- Although she said the students had trouble getting them to whistle -
required a lot of work on her part.

Judy Decker - Ohio
Incredible Art Department

P.S. If anyone is doing some searching over the summer for high school art -
middle school art - or elementary art sites - PLEASE share with the lists.
My survey respondents want to see more sites. I have spent a lot of time
searching for quality sites and they just aren't coming up very quickly. I
could use some help with this one.