Clay Whistle Lesson Plan

---------

From: Judy Decker (jdecker_at_TeacherArtExchange)
Date: Sun Jun 08 2003 - 09:45:02 PDT

Dear Art Educators,

Some one was looking for lessons on clay whistles...in searching for Middle
School sites to share, I ran across this lesson plan:
http://www.north-haven.k12.ct.us/nhart/asthetic.htm
http://www.north-haven.k12.ct.us/nhart/middle.htm (scroll down to examples)

The lesson doesn't tell you how to make a whistle - but may give you a
framework to work with (objectives, vocab etc). Here are links to
step -by -step lessons:
http://www.geocities.com/RainForest/Canopy/2525/whistles/whistle.html
http://www.hominid.net/whistle_making_sequence.htm
http://www.ceramicstoday.com/articles/clay_whistle.htm (another source)
examples to show:
http://www.whistlepress.com/

Vivian has some on her site:
http://members.cox.net/artzheart/whistles.html

Lin made them with fifth graders:
http://www.eanes.k12.tx.us/cce/laltman/5TH.HTM
- Although she said the students had trouble getting them to whistle -
required a lot of work on her part.

Judy Decker - Ohio
Jdecker@woh.rr.com
Incredible Art Department
http://www.princetonol.com/groups/iad/
http://www.incredibleart.tk

P.S. If anyone is doing some searching over the summer for high school art -
middle school art - or elementary art sites - PLEASE share with the lists.
My survey respondents want to see more sites. I have spent a lot of time
searching for quality sites and they just aren't coming up very quickly. I
could use some help with this one.

---