Find Lesson Plans on! GettyGames

Math and Art Interactive sites for kids

From: Judy Decker (jdecker_at_TeacherArtExchange)
Date: Sun Jun 08 2003 - 09:01:29 PDT

Dear Art Educators,

Many are looking for math-art integration lessons. Here are some sites/links
with art/math related activities. Save this email for future reference. I am
not sure how I am going to put these on my site. I am saving it to run an
Art/Math feature on Great Sites for Kids. I am definitely linking the Long
Island Children's Museum to the Just for Kids page. Some of these links are
already on my site.

Long Island Children's Museum:
KaleidoDraw (radial balance)
Use KaleidoDraw with Mandala sites (select from my Sacred Geometry page):
Borderliner (pattern - reflection - symmetry)
Use this Borderline activity with this site (on my Art-Math-Science and
Textiles page):
Quiltmaker (pattern, repetition, reflection, rotation)
Use Quiltmaker with this site (on my Textiles page):

Isometric Drawing Applet (tie in Victor Vassarely)

Byokal Kaleidoscope (radial balance - reflection - symmetry)

Virtual Manipulatives: Tessellations (pattern, rotation - experiment to see
which shapes will tessellate)
Another Pattern block tessellations (on my Tessellation page): (instructions)
This will help students understand what geometric shapes tessellate (on my
Tessellations page):

Fun - Online demonstration for Translation Tessellation by Jim McNeill (on
my Tessellations and Jim McNeill pages):

Six sided Snowflake (radial design - science - math) - On my
Math-Art-Science page

Enchanted Mind Java Puzzle: Tangram (hold corner to
More Tangrams online (found from a link on my Art-Math-Science page): (takes a while to load - drag
corners to rotate - have them match up the puzzle - then create their own)

Virtual Manipulatives: Pentominoes:

Building Big - math -science - architecture (problem solving activities) -on
my Architecture page

Judy Decker - Ohio
Incredible Art Department