Re: artsednet digest: June 07, 2003

---------

From: Jean Womack (jeaneger_at_TeacherArtExchange)
Date: Sun Jun 08 2003 - 03:46:00 PDT

> Subject: Re: artsednet digest: June 05, 2003
> From: JudyandharryS@aol.com
> Date: Sat, 7 Jun 2003 10:37:33 EDT
>
> Jean,
> Perhaps I'm out of the loop, here. I'm fascinated, but very confused
> about your postings. Who are "they"?
> Judy S

I get so much heat at school that I thought it would be a good idea to get
it out in the open. I'm not a candidate for sainthood, but I'm not a
criminal, either. I'm still married and I am still faithful to my husband.

I went to the Ashkenaz dance hall in Berkeley tonight. They serve beer and
wine, but I am not drinking becaue I have to drive home. There are so many
kids in there that you practically stumble over them. They take the kids
into the back room when I go there because I have called the cops so many
times. Someone should tell kids they have to be 21 to go into a nightclub.
I usually tell them that when I see them standing around out front. That
nightclub sets a bad precedent. They say it's a community dance hall, but
it's listed as a nightclub. They have really great music and dancing every
night of the week. A nightclub is not a good place for kids, unfortunately.
It seems like the customers would be happier if they didn't have to worry
about dancing with a kid accidentally. Maybe I am just being overly
protective. After all, there are plenty of police in Berkeley, they don't
need my two cents.

Jean

---