Interactve sites - all age levels

---------

From: Judy Decker (jdecker_at_TeacherArtExchange)
Date: Sat Jun 07 2003 - 13:54:48 PDT

Dear Art Educators,

Many of you are looking for interactive sites you can use with your
students. I have been exploring Metropolitan Museum of Art. I will be
linking many from my site - but save this message to file now so you can
explore.

All of these can be found at the Metropolitan Museum of Art
http://www.metmuseum.org/explore/

"Art of the First Cities: The Third Millenium B.C. for the Mediterranean to
the Indus" on view at the Metropolitan Museum through August 17, 2003.
http://www.metmuseum.org/explore/First_Cities/firstcities_main.htm

Tiffany:
http://www.metmuseum.org/explore/Tiffany/index.html

Artists View of New York
http://www.metmuseum.org/explore/artists_view/splash.html

The Unicorn Tapestries:
http://www.metmuseum.org/explore/Unicorn/unicorn_splash.htm

In the Footsteps of Marco Polo (sound files didn't load fro me):
http://www.metmuseum.org/explore/Marco/get.html

Oldenburg and Van Bruggen on the Roof:
http://www.metmuseum.org/explore/oldenburg/index.html

Carpet Hunt - India Carpet
http://www.metmuseum.org/explore/flowers/flowers/index.htm
http://www.metmuseum.org/explore/flowers/flowers/more.htm
See also Flowers Underfoot: Indian Carpets ofthe Mughal Era - See
Interdisciplinary Connections.
http://www.metmuseum.org/explore/flowers/htm/ind_fs.htm

Discover a Korean Dragon:
http://www.metmuseum.org/explore/discover/html/paekche.htm

Look for Symbol in Sculpture
http://www.metmuseum.org/explore/symbols/html/el_symbols_index.htm

Korean Art: Ceramics - What Color is Celedon?
http://www.metmuseum.org/explore/celadon/html/startpage.htm
see also: Arts of Korea:
http://www.metmuseum.org/explore/Korea/koreaonline/index.htm

What is it? (game - you could create your own game using art prints -
blocking out all but a small section)
http://www.metmuseum.org/explore/FUN/artgame1.html

     The Kitano Tenjin Engi Emaki famous Japanese shrine come to life in
this thirteenth-century picture scroll.

http://www.metmuseum.org/explore/kitanomaki/kitano_splash.htm

Tughra of Sulaiman the Magnificent
Learn about the Ottoman sultan's official calligraphic signature
http://www.metmuseum.org/explore/TUGHRA/tughra.html

The Hours of Jeanne d'Evreux
Look closely at a miniature illuminated manuscript
http://www.metmuseum.org/explore/Jde/jdesplash.htm

A Look at Chinese Painting
Find out how traditional Chinese paintings were made.
http://www.metmuseum.org/explore/Chinese/html_pages/index.htm

George Washington Crossing the Delaware (this is the painting where one
school district went through all of their books and painted out the watch
fob)
Analyze the composition of this painting by Emanuel Gottlieb Leutze.
http://www.metmuseum.org/explore/gw/el_gw.htm

Artemesia Gentileschi
Seventeenth-century Italian painter
http://www.metmuseum.org/explore/esther/esther_hmpg.html

     Magdalena Abakanowicz
      Contemporary Polish sculptor

http://www.metmuseum.org/explore/Abakanowicz/aba1.htm

Bolaji Campbell
Contemporary Nigerian (Yoruba) artist
http://www.metmuseum.org/explore/yoruba/htm/txt_7a.htm
http://www.metmuseum.org/explore/yoruba/htm/txt_7c.htm
http://www.metmuseum.org/explore/yoruba/htm/fs_7.htm (activities)

See also - Master Hand: Individuality and Creativity among Yoruba Sculptors
(excellent)
http://www.metmuseum.org/explore/YORUBA/HTM/main_fs.htm

Mary Cassatt: American Impressionist
http://www.metmuseum.org/explore/CASSATT/HTML/index.html

John Singleton Copley - Eighteenth-century American portraitist
http://www.metmuseum.org/explore/copley/copley.html

Portrats by Jean-Auguste-Dominique Ingres: Nineteenth-century French painter
http://www.metmuseum.org/explore/Ingres/Ingres/HTML/el_ingres_inter.htm

Anselm Kiefer -Works on Paper - Contemporary German painter
http://www.metmuseum.org/explore/KIEFER/el_kiefer_splsh.htm

John La Farge
Nineteenth-century American artist
http://www.metmuseum.org/explore/lafarge/Html/Index.htm

From Van Eyck to Bruegel
Fifteenth and sixteenth-century Netherlandish painters
http://www.metmuseum.org/explore/Vaneyck/VAN_EYCK.HTM

Studiolo from the Ducal Palace in Gubbio (this is amazing - it is featured
in Masters of Illusion video)
The technique that is employed here is intarsia, the Italian word for wood
inlay - trompe l'oeil
http://www.metmuseum.org/explore/studiolo/STUDIOLO_HMPG.html

American Folk Art - gives selected works and brief information about the
artists:
http://www.metmuseum.org/explore/AmericanFolk/Folk1.htm

Ancient Near Eastern Art: New Light on an Assyrian Palace See ivories and
releifs
http://www.metmuseum.org/explore/anesite/html/el_ane_newfirst.htm

Art and Oracle: A Scholarly Resource of African Art and Rituals of
Divination
http://www.metmuseum.org/explore/oracle/index.html
50 objects from the exhibit:
http://www.metmuseum.org/explore/oracle/categories.html

Celebrating the American Wing: American Portraits:
http://www.metmuseum.org/explore/amwing/html/el_amwing_intro.htm

Egyptian Art in the Age of the Pyramids:
http://www.metmuseum.org/explore/new_pyramid/PYRAMIDS/HTML/el_pyramid_Intro.
htm
See also: The Art of Anceint Egypt: A Web Resource:
http://www.metmuseum.org/explore/newegypt/htm/a_index.htm
See Curriculum Connections:
http://www.metmuseum.org/explore/newegypt/htm/cr_frame.htm

TheGlory of Byzantium: Teacher Resources:
http://www.metmuseum.org/explore/Byzantium/teach.html

The Christmas Story (uses work from the collection to tell the story -
excellent)
http://www.metmuseum.org/explore/Christmas_Story/xmas_hmpg.html

For those interested in Art of Kores- Download this resource The Arts of
Korea:
http://www.metmuseum.org/explore/publications/korea.htm (it takes a while
for the sections to open- I tried images)

See what other resources are available to you to download - I won't list
them all:
http://www.metmuseum.org/explore/publications/index.htm

This next link is just for me to check back later to see if I can find some
good sites to post to Art and Technology. Feel free to explore (it is not an
interactive site for kids).
Stylized Depiction in Computer Graphics
http://www.red3d.com/cwr/npr/

Judy Decker - Ohio