Find Lesson Plans on! GettyGames

Interactve sites - all age levels

From: Judy Decker (jdecker_at_TeacherArtExchange)
Date: Sat Jun 07 2003 - 13:54:48 PDT

Dear Art Educators,

Many of you are looking for interactive sites you can use with your
students. I have been exploring Metropolitan Museum of Art. I will be
linking many from my site - but save this message to file now so you can

All of these can be found at the Metropolitan Museum of Art

"Art of the First Cities: The Third Millenium B.C. for the Mediterranean to
the Indus" on view at the Metropolitan Museum through August 17, 2003.

Artists View of New York

The Unicorn Tapestries:

In the Footsteps of Marco Polo (sound files didn't load fro me):

Oldenburg and Van Bruggen on the Roof:

Carpet Hunt - India Carpet
See also Flowers Underfoot: Indian Carpets ofthe Mughal Era - See
Interdisciplinary Connections.

Discover a Korean Dragon:

Look for Symbol in Sculpture

Korean Art: Ceramics - What Color is Celedon?
see also: Arts of Korea:

What is it? (game - you could create your own game using art prints -
blocking out all but a small section)

     The Kitano Tenjin Engi Emaki famous Japanese shrine come to life in
this thirteenth-century picture scroll.

Tughra of Sulaiman the Magnificent
Learn about the Ottoman sultan's official calligraphic signature

The Hours of Jeanne d'Evreux
Look closely at a miniature illuminated manuscript

A Look at Chinese Painting
Find out how traditional Chinese paintings were made.

George Washington Crossing the Delaware (this is the painting where one
school district went through all of their books and painted out the watch
Analyze the composition of this painting by Emanuel Gottlieb Leutze.

Artemesia Gentileschi
Seventeenth-century Italian painter

     Magdalena Abakanowicz
      Contemporary Polish sculptor

Bolaji Campbell
Contemporary Nigerian (Yoruba) artist (activities)

See also - Master Hand: Individuality and Creativity among Yoruba Sculptors

Mary Cassatt: American Impressionist

John Singleton Copley - Eighteenth-century American portraitist

Portrats by Jean-Auguste-Dominique Ingres: Nineteenth-century French painter

Anselm Kiefer -Works on Paper - Contemporary German painter

John La Farge
Nineteenth-century American artist

From Van Eyck to Bruegel
Fifteenth and sixteenth-century Netherlandish painters

Studiolo from the Ducal Palace in Gubbio (this is amazing - it is featured
in Masters of Illusion video)
The technique that is employed here is intarsia, the Italian word for wood
inlay - trompe l'oeil

American Folk Art - gives selected works and brief information about the

Ancient Near Eastern Art: New Light on an Assyrian Palace See ivories and

Art and Oracle: A Scholarly Resource of African Art and Rituals of
50 objects from the exhibit:

Celebrating the American Wing: American Portraits:

Egyptian Art in the Age of the Pyramids:
See also: The Art of Anceint Egypt: A Web Resource:
See Curriculum Connections:

TheGlory of Byzantium: Teacher Resources:

The Christmas Story (uses work from the collection to tell the story -

For those interested in Art of Kores- Download this resource The Arts of
Korea: (it takes a while
for the sections to open- I tried images)

See what other resources are available to you to download - I won't list
them all:

This next link is just for me to check back later to see if I can find some
good sites to post to Art and Technology. Feel free to explore (it is not an
interactive site for kids).
Stylized Depiction in Computer Graphics

Judy Decker - Ohio
Incredible Art Department