Find Lesson Plans on! GettyGames

Art of Russia - some links

From: Judy Decker (jdecker_at_TeacherArtExchange)
Date: Sat Jun 07 2003 - 11:01:19 PDT

Dear Art Educators,

Many were looking for art of Russia. I found lots of links to contemporary
commercial sites. I only listed a couple.
Save these links for your research - I don't know when I will get them on my
site. If you find any good sites I may have missed - please post.

Russian and Soviet Art Internet Resources (other countries too): (lots of information about
Russia) (see Folklore)

Artcyclopedia -Russian:

I like Alexei Jawlensky - Russian/German Expressionist Painter, 1864-1941

Kandinsky is another favorite:

Olga's Gallery (lots listed - watch out for Pop-up ads)
Scroll down to 18th Century artists to see which ones Chris Witcombe
Here are just two that Chris Witcome lists from Olga's)
Aleksey Antropov:
Andrey Matveev:
Chris Witcombe lists several 19th Russian artists from Olga's Gallery:

19th Century Russian painting - selected works (George Mitrevski, Auburn

Artcyclopedia- Ukranian (some folks were also interested in Ukranian art):

Face of Russia: (timeline of
Russian art)

Art and Architecture (some information):

Some details of Russian Architecture: (some images)
Sights of Russia - photographs by Victor Potoskouev

William C. Brumfield Russian Architecture Collection (links to glossaries
didn't work for me):

William Craft Brumfield - photographs of Russian North: (photogallery)

Russian Architecture: (Architectural Photo Gallery) (has images a brief inforamtion)

Baroque Architecture of St. Petersberg:

Great Buildings: Russia

Russian Art and Archtitecture (lots of links to check- some are broken):

Russian Painting (overview):

Russian Museums:

Commercial site - features four 20th century artists:
Art of Russia:

Art of Russia: Modern Fine and Decorative Arts:
Fine Art:
Decorative Arts:
Katya Manshavina - Dolls - click on Artworks

Commercial site - Contemporary Art of Russia (preview art for suitablility):

Russian Crafts and Decorative Arts (click on Crafts and Decorative Arts):

The World of Russian Folk Art (excellent exhibit! view all rooms and pages)

Russian folk Art - Commercial Site:

Palekh - Lacquered art pieces:

Pysanka Ukranian Eggs:

Russian folk Art and Collectibles:

Russian Folklore Links (many links are broken): (has many of the same links)

Costumer's Manifesto: Russian & Soviet Costume Page: (17th century)

Some Children's Art from Russia:
See the entire International Colelction:

Judy Decker - Ohio
Incredible Art Department