need Studio building advice

---------

From: Betty Bowen (albertbandura_at_TeacherArtExchange)
Date: Sat Jun 07 2003 - 08:44:31 PDT

I'm building a studio and workshop in my garden. I'm looking at doing around 20 x 20, since I have not only all my art stuff, but also an entire framing shop with two 42 x 42 tables among other things. I want it to be nice and permanent and (ok I admit it, I want it to be cute! - no looking like a machine shop) I have good people to do the work, but I want to reeeeaaallly know what I want before I start.

The big questions - have any of you done this? what do you wish you had put in? What do you regret? Should I put in plumbing???? I wasn't, but now am leaning that direction, simple, just a toilet and work sink.

OH, and I found a high-end "writer's retreat" plan online that had - get this - a transluscent fiberglass roof. I WANT that. The whole roof being transluscent? awesome awesome light. Anybody familiar with that product?

any advice welcome, Betty in OK