Professionalism on the way out the door

---------

From: Jean Womack (jeaneger_at_TeacherArtExchange)
Date: Fri Jun 06 2003 - 00:23:54 PDT

I think you should get a lawyer and fight to keep your job. A lot of
minority people did that and won. Now white people are in the minority, at
least in San Francisco, although not in the teaching profession. A former
principal said, whatever you do, don't quit. I quit anyway, but not until a
student threatened to kill me, a vice principal was making fun of me and my
husband said I wasn't spending enough time at home, I didn't have any
textbooks to teach from and I was so tired that I could barely drag myself
up the three flights of stairs to my classroom. Then the student said he
would get his lawyers after me. But I have lawyers too. So I am still
substitute teaching. The student's picture showed up on a WANTED poster in
the newspapers. They thought he might have been shooting people in
Maryland.

Jean Womack

> Subject: professionalism on my way out the door
> From: "Susan Holland" <Susan_Holland@teachnet.edb.utexas.edu>
> Date: Thu, 05 Jun 2003 08:25:47 -0500
>
> Okay, I've been offered the opportunity to resign in lieu of being
terminated
> in this RIF- but I have to do it by Friday. Can someone advise me as to
what
> you write in a letter of resignation? I have every confidence this
district
> will be hiring more art teachers in the foreseeable future, so I need to
come
> up with something appropriate, and the phrases that are coming to my mind
> aren't quite it. . . .
>

> susan_holland@teachnet.edb.utexas.edu

---