Re: Mural tips needed

---------

From: Karen Chilman (ChilArt_at_TeacherArtExchange)
Date: Thu Jun 05 2003 - 21:41:05 PDT

My students and I have done some some large murals outdoors and several
indoors. The most recent that we just finished is a recreation of 10 famous
works connected with musical notes down our related arts hall in our new
building. It certainly adds life to the hall!
For the really large works 20' X 70' or so we have used the grid method to
put the scaled drawings directly on the wall....
Some smaller ones we have painted on to boards and then put them up...
We use exterior house paint for outdoor murals and acrylic for interiors.
Half dozen muffin tins make terrific pallettes! Don't forget baby wipes for
hands and I have found, especially with the larger works to make color
copies of the original and put them in plastic sleeves for each artist as
they work has been a great help.
Good luck!
Karen