telephone wire basket - no cost lesson

---------

From: Judy Decker (jdecker_at_TeacherArtExchange)
Date: Thu Jun 05 2003 - 16:38:30 PDT

Dear Art Educators,

Many are looking for low cost ideas - here is one that you can do that is
FREE. Telephone companies will donate wire - It is worth it to give them a
call. Christa-Maria submitted this idea for telephone wire baskets.
http://www.princetonol.com/groups/iad/lessons/middle/wirebasket.htm

It looks like it won't take too long to make one using this half-hitch knot
style. Traditional coiling (like the African baskets) would take longer.
(there is an image in the Recycled Re-seen poster set)

This lesson is linked from Middle School Plans. Elementary teachers might
want to try one to see if their kids would be able to handle it. I think
they can.

Judy Decker - Ohio
Jdecker@woh.rr.com
Incredible Art Department