Architecture Education Resources - Free Lessons!

---------

From: Judy Decker (jdecker_at_TeacherArtExchange)
Date: Thu Jun 05 2003 - 11:12:23 PDT

Dear Art Educators,

It will be some time before I get this linked to my site...Thought it best
to share with you now.

Here is news on lesson plans using architecture as an interdisciplinary tool
to teach
art, history, math, science, and language arts for grades K-8.

Dear 'Incredible Art Department' resources staff,

Greetings from Chicago and the Chicago Architecture Foundation! Thank you
so much for finding our new publication, "Schoolyards to Skylines: Teaching
with Chicago's Amazing Architecture" www.architecture.org/schoolyards and
adding it to your thorough website.

Yes, "Schoolyards to Skylines" is for purchase, but we are happy to announce
that we have recently added five FREE lesson plans (as PDFs) to our website.
We would be most appreciative if you could update your site
www.princetonol.com/groups/iad/lessons/middle/architec.htm to include this
information / text.

Our lessons plans use architecture as an interdisciplinary tool to teach
art, history, math, science, and language arts for grades K-8. They can be
found within the "Schoolyards to Skylines" site listed above, and include
teacher background information, images, student handout pages, resource
suggestions, vocabulary, and links to academic standards.

The FREE lesson plans included are:

- Frank Lloyd Wright's Windows
- Historic Homes and Famous Chicagoans
- Rooftop Gardens
- Construction Workers
- Shadows and Skyscrapers

Sincerely,

Jennifer Masengarb
Education Department
Chicago Architecture Foundation
224 South Michigan Avenue
Chicago, Illinois 60604
312.922.3432 ext. 246
www.architecture.org

Note to Jennifer: I am behind on link updates to the site....but wanted to
get the word out to art educators now. I will be updating the link soon.

---