Re: professionalism on my way out the door

---------

From: Woody Duncan (wduncan_at_TeacherArtExchange)
Date: Thu Jun 05 2003 - 09:21:24 PDT

Immediately contact your union or professional association.
I hope you are a member. Even if you are not most states
require the union to represent you because you are a member
of the bargaining unit. The short notice seems very illegal.
Every state varies but in Kansas the district must tell us by
April 15 or we automatically have a contract for next year.
It's called the continuing contract law. We must inform them
by May 1 otherwise we can't resign after that date. I'm sure
most states have similar laws. Again, contact the union. We pay
them to have experts on the payroll who know our rights.
                                                Woody in KC

--
28 Quality Middle School Art Lessons
in powerpoint format, on one CD $15