Re: Artclass woes--

---------

From: Donald Arcement (arcement_at_TeacherArtExchange)
Date: Thu Jun 05 2003 - 07:02:57 PDT

  ----- Original Message -----
  From: Rick
  To: ArtsEdNet Talk
  Sent: Thursday, June 05, 2003 7:48 AM
  Subject: Re: Artclass woes--

  Good article, Joseph. thanks for sending it. I can't wait until this trend moves to the midwest. I have been thinking, lately ( dangerous, I know) that if arts education ever does find it's way to respectability in the educational system across the US,
  it will be in spite of the NAEA and not because of anything they have done to help the cause. I am very discouraged at their lack of pro active stance in this arts cutting era. Just my 2 cents.
  Betsy
  jaugusta@adelphia.net wrote:

    See this story in today's NY Times on art class programs in many NYC
    schools:
    http://www.nytimes.com/2003/06/05/arts/05SCHO.html
    regards,
    joseph