Note: To protect the privacy of our members, e-mail addresses have been removed from the archived messages. As a result, some links may be broken.

Find Lesson Plans on! GettyGames

Re: slab roller


From: Jayna Huffines (jayna_99_at_TeacherArtExchange)
Date: Thu Jun 05 2003 - 05:49:40 PDT

Thanks for the advice. No, its the one with the wimpy handle. I'll call around and see what I can find out. wrote:Is your slab roller the one with the great big wheel that you turn with
your hands? It's about 2 feet in diameter, on the side of the slab
roller. You feel like a ship captain when you turn it (maybe you do..)

Some of the brents and other rollers have a handle that your turn. The
top of the line model has the big wheel. If you have any trouble with
ANY Brent slab roller, I would think they would stand behind their
product for you. You can get the cables replaced, I'm sure. Call Brent
and see what they say and ask who in your area can repair it. Maybe
your school mainenance dept. can do that for you if you just find out
what you need to fix it. We had the Brent slab roller with the big
wheel at UofH in the ceramics department, at the Museum School in
Houston, at Penland, and Arrowmont, as well. THese machines get such
heavy use for so many years, and they just keep on going. Call them!
The Ceramic Store in Houston sells them, and the guy (Tom) who owns the
store can tell you what you need to fix it too. They do repairs. Maybe
there is a ceramic store that sells Brents somewhere near you, and maybe
they have a "Tom" who can help you with the repair itself, whether Brent
stands behind it or not. This machine should give you decades of use.
Call them!!!


Do you Yahoo!?
Free online calendar with sync to Outlook(TM).