Find Lesson Plans on! GettyGames

RE: birkenstock art/camp project ideas

From: Puhl, Kristen K (puhlk_at_TeacherArtExchange)
Date: Wed Jun 04 2003 - 14:13:53 PDT

Hi Dawn,

Thanks for the ideas! This will get me started. The projects sound fun and relaxing, just what kids need during the summer. I taught at a camp last summer and those kinds of projects worked out best. This summer the girls are groups in grades 1-4, 5-7, and 8-11. So, I've got quite the range. Last year I did some papermaking and marbling (we made journals that we sewed together) with the younger and middle groups and sewing (drawstring backpacks, tie-dyed pillows) with middle and older groups. Tie-dye worked well for all age groups. (I don't know that this camp will be able to afford the procion dye though.)

As far as internet access, I bet the camp might have something, but if it does, it will be slow. There's got to be an internet cafe in East Hampton somewhere, though.