Re: How to Organize Your Art Room

---------

From: Donald Arcement (arcement_at_TeacherArtExchange)
Date: Wed Jun 04 2003 - 13:04:40 PDT

Tracy, I totally agree with the fact that we can use some of others ideas, but of course, not all of their ideas. I have trouble getting and staying organized because I keep all kinds of free stuff that I MIGHT use someday, a "pack-rat". I do use alot of the stuff, but an art room needs to be very casual, I think. The most artsy and productive art studios that I have been in were clearly an organizational mess!!! I think the disaster breeds the creative spirit, don't you? Anyway, I like for my classroom to LOOK LIKE an art room, not a classroom for study. But, I too love the sharing of ideas and floorplans, because I am always ready for something new to do with the art room. We are so lucky to teach something that we love to do ourselves!!!

Disciplinary discussions and strategies have been so helpful for me. This net has helped me to understand that I am truly not alone when I have certain problems. I am so thankful for this!

And concerning the Comstock book, I think I have that one, but I haven't completely read it yet... this summer is my chance to catch-up on my serious reading. Anyway, if the room is too beautiful then, in my opinion, it is not very informative and fertile. I like to work amongst a bit of a mess!!

Thanks for all of us,
Idus in southern Mississippi (about an hour from New Orleans)