help, i ruined my kiln!

---------

From: Aaron Hopkins (hopkiaar_at_TeacherArtExchange)
Date: Wed Jun 04 2003 - 10:27:10 PDT

OK...i tried to fire some clay projects and a friend from a nearby
college gave me some cones to use. I was told they were cone 6. The
clay was rated 4-6 so I used them. Well, all my fifth grade projects
are melted into the clay floor and part of the firebrick on the bottom
sunk in! I had a kiln shelf in the middle, that seems to be ruined too.
 Should I get a hammer and chisel to remove the clay and shelf?
aaron (who really screwed it up!)

---