Substitute Lesson Plans

---------

From: Jean Womack (jeaneger_at_TeacherArtExchange)
Date: Wed Jun 04 2003 - 09:49:17 PDT

I should clarify. That master teacher showed TWO Walt Disney cartoon movies
that semester. To me, that was a lot. Then another teacher showed a Disney
classic that had me hypnotized in my chair. I'm 60 years old, so it
probably regressed me back five decades or more. I don't remember the name
of that movie. I don't like being taken over by a movie. I had a similar
reaction to a Della Robia wreath that I had seen in my childhood. I think
we made those wreaths in elementary school. The wreath was in a traveling
exhibition from the Vatican. Talk about a religious experience in art! It
is just an uncanny experience. We studied Latin there too. Maybe they
thought we were going to grow up and become doctors.

Jean Womack

---