pringles cans

---------

From: Patricia Knott (pknott_at_TeacherArtExchange)
Date: Tue Jun 03 2003 - 13:15:54 PDT

> only to hear this morning that the ONLY plant that
> makes Pringles was destroyed in a tornado last month....

So glad to know Pringles come from a plant ... must be an endangered
species. :-)

The story of how how Pringles came to be is an interesting one in creative
thinking. The specifics elude me, but
   The designer was given the problem to find a way to make the
manufacturing of potato chips
   more efficient. Big bags filled with air to prevent breakage takes too
much space in transport.
   The designer observed how wet leaves mold themselves into each other
and hence
   Pringles.

   Pringles offers more than a can. It offers a lesson in creative thinking
and making connections
   between unrelated forms. Synectics

Hope there is an environmental group that will save Pringles

Patty

---