Re: lesson question,, (was artomat) - Janet

---------

From: Sandy Bacon (sbacon_at_TeacherArtExchange)
Date: Mon Jun 02 2003 - 19:58:00 PDT

Castles: cardboard tube and paper construction, spray adhesive, dust
with colored sand, or spray with textured faux stone paint.
                construction paper crayon outlined in black permanent
marker on light colored construction paper ( I used light blue) color
heavily, wash with watercolor or watered-down
tempera paint. Have kids make patterned crowns and decorate with
sequins and glitter. (used Burger King pattern) take photos of
            kids cut Gothic arch windows in castles and tape their
pictures in windows.
                read Eric Carle's Dragons Dragons and have kids make
collage dragons out of all kinds of paper. Make them big! then add
torn paper
 landscape/background
                read Dav Pilkey's, I think it is Dragon Cat? Silly,
cute book they will love it.
                show them several examples of dragons, and do a guided
drawing breaking a dragon down into familiar shapes and lines. Create a
mystical, magical dragon picture by coloring
with white crayons (add white stars in sky) and washing in blue
watercolor. White crayon lines magically appear - they will
            think you are Merlin. Outline areas with glue and sprinkle
glitter -- ooooooh!
Hope some of these are helpful.

Sandy

> Any suggestions on projects to do with 4-6 year olds based on the
> theme, CASTLES AND DRAGONS? I'll have about 10 kids for one week for
> one hour each day. I have to use a variety of media. I've got a few
> ideas but I feel really burned out right now and it's a struggle to
> come up with anything else.
> Any ideas would be welcome. Thanks, Janet ---

---