How to Organize Your Art Room

---------

From: Judy Decker (jdecker_at_TeacherArtExchange)
Date: Mon Jun 02 2003 - 17:24:02 PDT

Dear Art Educators,

It looks like I might be done with this topic (smile). I just found this
book:

How To Organize Your Art Room
http://www.dickblick.com/zz718/15/products.asp?param=0&ig_id=3386
      This reproducible book written by Charles W. Comstock is for all
teachers, grades 6-12 (Sax lists it as suitable for ALL levels). All the
practical information you need for organizing your classroom and eliminating
problems is in this book. Also included are samples and reproducible sheets
for clean-up schedules, seating charts, and other forms.

      This is a proven system for orderly distribution, collection, and
storage of materials. There are hints for basic art lessons that include
reproducible worksheets on the color wheel, perspective, art appreciation,
and more.

      This paperback book measures 8-1/2" 11" (22-cm 28-cm) and has 114
pages.

      Dick Blick 71815-1001 $20.59

      OR Order Today from Sax - Phone 1-800-558-6696 available on page 543
#570-1008 $21.95 (hmmm.... I wonder why it is a dollar more from Sax? Amazon
has it for $22.95).

      Here is some tips on Organizing a Craft Room (some tips will apply):
http://www.getcreativeshow.com/Craft_Sew_Business/Business_Seminars/craftroo
m.htm

      I will still compile the tips I have saved and get them out to those
interested - but I know I didn't save them all and the archives are too
difficult to seach. I just tried a Google search for artsednet organize and
found a thread from October 2000....It would take WAY too much time to go in
search the archives month by month -- Looks like $21.95 would be a good
investment.

      For Art on a Cart people - check Michal's site:

      http://www.geocities.com/theartkids/artcart.html

      The biggest tip that came from this thread was big plastic zip baggies
to store materials by grade level. Judy Nagel has them now available through
Sax. Once I get the posts compiled - if you still need advice - it would be
best for you post the question to the list again so folks know your needs.

Judy Decker - Ohio
Jdecker@woh.rr.com
Incredible Art Department
http://www.princetonol.com/groups/iad/