Re: lesson question,, (was artomat)

---------

From: Becky Thornton (artswim_at_TeacherArtExchange)
Date: Mon Jun 02 2003 - 12:24:56 PDT

Dear Janet,
I went to a Crayola workshop and they had a good dragon thing. You have
stiff paper about 4 inches wide by 8 inches long. You take two extra strips
of black paper and fold them over three times and glue between to make an
edge (scroll like) you can add a ribbon to roll and tie it, but it is not
necessary. The background was coated (with your fingers) with gold tmpra
paint which looked great. We drew a drogon with a sharpie..but you might
have little ones draw with a pencil and then a sharpie We knew where we
were going to have the dragon before we put the gold on. We put the gold on
and then made the end strips which gave the gold time to dry. Then we
painted in our dragon and attached our black ends.
Maybe this is on the crayola site???? It was presented at the Arkansas Art
Education Association meeting...so they could track it down.
It looks good and was fun!
They also made some cool masks which probably could be adapted to
dragons????Becky Thornton