Re: lesson question,, (was artomat)

---------

From: Judy Potter (jd-potter_at_TeacherArtExchange)
Date: Mon Jun 02 2003 - 09:45:57 PDT

Janet,
Its been several years ago but one of the early childhood teachers That
I work with did a whole unit about castles-dragons-princes-princesses.
She started with the book (and I think she also had a video) called
"Paper Bag Princess." I can't remember the author. She then brought in
several large boxes, cut doors and window, even created a drawbridge.
The children painted their castle using sponges dipped in tempera paint
to resemble bricks and stones. The children made prince and princess
costumes from paper bags and made a dragon head and tail. The process of
creating the castle environment took over a week and the creative
dramatics lasted a couple more weeks. Hope this helps. Judy

Jhirunrtx@aol.com wrote:

> Now, I have a question for everyone.
> Any suggestions on projects to do with 4-6 year olds based on the
> theme, CASTLES AND DRAGONS? I'll have about 10 kids for one week for
> one hour each day. I have to use a variety of media. I've got a few
> ideas but I feel really burned out right now and it's a struggle to
> come up with anything else.
> Any ideas would be welcome. Thanks, Janet ---

---