How to READ a Painting - and AP Curriculum help

---------

From: Judy Decker (jdecker_at_TeacherArtExchange)
Date: Mon Jun 02 2003 - 08:09:07 PDT

Art Criticism was a recent topic on ArtsEdNet.

Judie reminded me of the site "How to READ a Painting".
http://www.kcsd.k12.pa.us/~projects/critic/
I have had this link on my site for a number of years, but since so many
don't use my resources, I have added a link to Incredible Art Department.
You will find links to this lesson on both Middle School Lesson Plan page
and High School Lesson Plan page (at the top). It includes objectives, the
process (handout for students), an assessment tool - and examples of student
writing (pretty impressive for 6th graders).

For those looking for help with your AP Curriculum (several had that listed
on the survey).
From Judie:
I understand there is a new Teacher's Guide for AP Studio Art in the works.
Information can also be accessed from the CollegeBoard Website--links are
below. (There is also a list serve you might want to join.)

Visit AP Central(tm) - The online resource for teachers, schools, colleges,
and education professionals--
http://apcentral.collegeboard.com

To update your preferences, search the archives or post messages online,
visit
http://lyris.collegeboard.com/cgi-bin/lyris.pl?site=collegeboard&enter=ap-st
udio

>If you need help using Lyris web interface go to:
http://www.lyris.com/lm_help/4.0/WebInterfaceforUsers.html

Judy Decker - Ohio
Jdecker@woh.rr.com
Incredible Art Department