Substitute Plans Needed

---------

From: Judy Decker (jdecker_at_TeacherArtExchange)
Date: Sun Jun 01 2003 - 12:17:57 PDT

Dear Art Educators,

I have had requests on my survey to add more substitute plans. Please post
any good ideas you have. If you have favorite videos you like to use when
you are out (include any hands on activity you might have the kids do if the
videos don't last the whole period)- list those too and I will add that to
the sub plans pages.

Middle School Sub Plans
http://www.princetonol.com/groups/iad/lessons/SubPlans/submiddle.htm

Elementary Sub Plans
http://www.princetonol.com/groups/iad/lessons/SubPlans/subelem.htm

Again - I'd like to point out Michal Austin' site. Many of her ideas could
be handled by a substitute (you just wouldn't get the high quality that
Michal has achieved). Michal lists materials used, has a finished example
and gives a brief description of how to do the project:
http://www.geocities.com/theartkids/artlessons.html

This summer, I will look through the lessons on IAD more closely and see if
some of those would be good to use too. If any of you have used an existing
IAD plan for a sub - please let me know and I will be sure to list that on
the page of ideas.

Judy Decker - Ohio
Jdecker@woh.rr.com
Incredible Art Department