Viewing Artwork - Student Art Criticism Handout

---------

From: Judy Decker (jdecker_at_TeacherArtExchange)
Date: Sun Jun 01 2003 - 07:14:45 PDT

Dear Art Educators,

Art Criticism was a recent topic on Getty ArtsEdNet Talk. Christine Besack
posted a link to a handout that looks pretty good for middle school and high
school to help them with their writing. I have added the link to both Middle
School and High School Lesson Plans on IAD (links at the top of pages). I
will write to the site over the summer to see if I can get permission to put
the handout on the site (some of the formatting on the handout is a little
bit off)

Here is the direct link to the handout:
http://www.sasked.gov.sk.ca/curr_content/visualart/viewing.htm (Justin
forwarded the link to me --for some reason, I never got Christine's post)

If you have an art criticism handout to share - please forward to
Jdecker@woh.rr.com .
Maggie Tucker sent me some student writing examples which I hope to get
typed up and posted to the site.

High school teachers - I have some survey respondents who are looking for AP
lesson plans and Aesthetics lesson plans. If you have any to share - please
send my way.

Judy Decker - Ohio
Jdecker@woh.rr.com
Incredible Art Department