Christine-elementary art

---------

From: Rick (rlarson_at_TeacherArtExchange)
Date: Sat Jun 29 2002 - 17:59:37 PDT

Hi Christine, here are some sites that may help get you started. These
have been posted by listmembers and are in the archives.I break my
lessons into the elements,
media, and history to get ideas for starting. In the beginning, I do
have 3-6 make sketchbooks right after we have gone over
procedures,seating and rules.....( in a friendly way, of course!)
I have had many of my students for years, so they know the schpiele.
Faith Ringgold
http://www.artincontext.org/artist/ringgold/default.htm This is her
site. It
includes biography information, pictures of her work, a story for
children
to illustrate as well as information about booking her at your school.

Eyes on Art: A HREF="http://www.kn.pacbell.com/wired/art2/index.html"
from Laurie

Here is a site that has alot of links -
Title: Art Education Internet Resources for K12

Cool link with art/science connections:
http://www.SandlotScience.com/

Great site on color theory:
http://www.wetcanvas.com/ArtSchool/Color/ColorTheory/index.html

Getty archives
http://www.getty.edu/cgi-bin/lyris.pl?enter=artsednet&text_mode=0 log in

And Judy D. posted this:
http://205.238.211.51/clyden/FCart.html

BJ Berquist's backflip site. http://www.backflip.com/members/bjberquist

Also, try typing in elementary art into google. Holler if you need more
help , but checking the archives is a good place to hunt first.
Betsy

---