Re: Do You Care if you are Dead or Not?

---------

From: Esa Tipton (tmtartseducation_at_TeacherArtExchange)
Date: Sat Jun 29 2002 - 10:33:12 PDT

I am sure that the title of my post will assuredly
offend some people, as it is the nature of the
post-modern Americans to be offended by opinions that
don't match their own.

For that I am not sorry, but I am surprised, sometimes
amused, and for the most part, disappointed, that real
discussion, debate, and disagreement cannot occur
without trivialization or rancour or personalizing a
disagreement, attacking the person who said the
thought, and for the most part, truncating the
exchange of thoughts, all under the name of so-called
democratic thinkers. Or for the most part as happens
on this list, the subject is dropped completely and
barbie doll thinking is substituted for real
discussion.

Thank you to Henry, Patricia, Wendy, Dawn, Mrs.
Beezewax, BJ Berquist, and a few others, who dare to
share their opinions. Perhaps I expect more or too
much, but I desire something else to occur here. It
seems to me that if I am to "live life in its fullest"
as was recently recommended to me at the funeral of a
friend, it is not found here on the list.

Apoligizes for speaking my mind but for those who care
to continue the conversation, you can write me at:
tmtipton@yahoo.com