Re: teaching at MS level

---------

From: krista hagan (khagan_at_TeacherArtExchange)
Date: Fri Jun 28 2002 - 19:44:09 PDT

I teach MS and I guess like any other grade, I try to incorporate art
history and/or culture into every lesson, as well as have the students
work with as many types of materials and styles as possible. For my 6th
graders, I try to incorporate at least one lesson that deals with what
they are learning in social studies (I only have them for 10 weeks), but
also include art history into every lesson, have them do painting,
sculpture, drawing, etc. For 7th grade, the elements and principles are
concentrated on while incorporating all NY standards (I have them for 20
weeks). I might be teaching 8th grade next year, and I believe I will
have to follow the elements and principles, just on a higher level. I
have no specific curriculum, except that in 7th grade, they learn about
facial and figure proportions, contour line, I taught one-point
perspective, and so on.
Hope that helps a bit.
-Krista

---