Re: Sketchbooks

---------

From: Aust ArtClasses (austart_at_TeacherArtExchange)
Date: Wed Jun 26 2002 - 10:52:37 PDT

I have also found that when I bought the cheaper binding machine
from the office supply place, students took more interest in
what they made for sketchbooks because it gave that nice edge
appearance. I require them to come up with the front and back
cover, like card stock but they have to be creative. I have
cloth covered tagboard, cardboard (very thin to go through
punch), etc. I had one student who put suede on the outside.
Students are to do this at home away from the classroom and then
it becomes show and tell, even for high school. You would be
surprised the number of students who back up and do theirs
again. I had students who tutor others after school on how to
make theirs personal.

Jackie Aust
Bryan Texas
austart@bryanisd.org