Re: high school art program

---------

From: The Austin's (whest177_at_TeacherArtExchange)
Date: Wed Jun 26 2002 - 06:57:14 PDT

I believe that no matter how well we prepare our high school students for college level art the colleges are always going to have to start from the beginning until every high school requires a unit of high school art to graduate. My own children attend(ed) Frederick Remington High School, and there is NO art curriculum. But they do have an awesome display case dedicated to their namesake.
So when they attend college and wish to take an art course are they again going to be left behind?
~Michal
    What do
    colleges want most from high school art programs?

---