Re: high school art program

---------

From: Judie (judiej50_at_TeacherArtExchange)
Date: Wed Jun 26 2002 - 03:32:07 PDT

Carolyn, you might want to checkthe Getty Arts Ed Archives as there have
been discusssions and submissions of wonderful hs curriculum guides in the
past--some in the last year I think.

I would think with your background, you'll have no trouble figuring out
what the students need. I have found in my personal experience, students'
attention span is not very long so I try and keep the lecture and
demonstration period "under control". I mean, how can one teach without
some explanation, inspiration or viaual exploration/critique? But students
are always "itching" to get their hands into the materials.

Good luck, and I think you'll find this age group to be very stimulating
and fun to work with.

Also, I would like to hear more about Cindi's querry below. What do
colleges want most from high school art programs?

Thanks for starting this thread.

Judie