high school art program

---------

From: Carolyn Keigley (Carolyn_at_TeacherArtExchange)
Date: Tue Jun 25 2002 - 00:10:18 PDT

Hi out there! I have just been transferred as a regular ed elementary teacher to a position as a high school art teacher. Does anyone out there know of a source where I could look at a model program for high school art classes. (Books, etc.)
We are on a block schedule with classes 90 minutes each. I will be teaching the following classes:
1. Intro to art
2. form and design
3. 3-d
4. drawing and painting
My background is a B.A and M.A. in fine arts and I have also taught studio art classes at the college level. I know what I would do for college age students but I'm not sure for high school students. My thoughts are ,"How long should a particular activity take" "How long will this age listen to lectures, slides without losing them" etc. I don't have much time to plan but I want to make sure that the year begins with a solid foundation. I will be the only art teacher on campus so I have no one to talk with.
Thanks

---