Re: sketchbook question

---------

gregjuli_at_TeacherArtExchange
Date: Mon Jun 24 2002 - 13:04:55 PDT

Hi Sidnie and all
I've used the ring binders for a couple of years( middle school) no
complaints, in fact it is alot easier for them to hand in one piece of paper
for a grade and add it to their collection when handed back. I love taking
home just the sketches not the whole book for grading! What the kids didn't
like ,when we used sketchbooks, was how ragged they were from so much handling
at the end of the year.
Right now this method is working for me, who knows what I'll try in the
future?
They problem we had before, when they used the traditional sketchbook,was
where to put all the extras- handouts, cd( for photos),ect. I suppose they
could also just use a folder for other stuff, but this way everything is
together for a wonderful collection. Inside the binders the kids have
dividers.
The covers of the binders allow the students to change the drawing under the
clear plastic.

Sidnie Miller wrote:

> Last summer we discussed sketchbooks and I decided to try to make a
> sketchbook out of a 3 ring binder covered with blue jeans. The kids
> couldn't do the sewing so I sewed most of them, which was ok, and they
> really liked painting them with acrylic, but I think it would have been
> better to just gel pen on designs because they really were stiff.

---