Re: sketchbook question

---------

From: Sidnie Miller (sidmill_at_TeacherArtExchange)
Date: Mon Jun 24 2002 - 11:12:31 PDT

Last summer we discussed sketchbooks and I decided to try to make a
sketchbook out of a 3 ring binder covered with blue jeans. The kids
couldn't do the sewing so I sewed most of them, which was ok, and they
really liked painting them with acrylic, but I think it would have been
better to just gel pen on designs because they really were stiff. My
biggest problem was that the kids didn't like them--they weren't a real
sketchbook--too much like all their other classes I guess. Also the paper
I have is 9 x 12 so I had to cut it down and invariably they'd get a big
piece and it would flap out and get ragged. I generally felt it was not a
successful idea. This year I'm going to try to have them make one out of
the paper binding machines you get at Office Max. I'll report next
summer!! Sid

# Sidnie Miller #
# Elko High School #
# College Avenue #