Re: teaching/professional portfolio

---------

From: Aust ArtClasses (austart_at_TeacherArtExchange)
Date: Sun Jun 23 2002 - 14:20:47 PDT

As one who is on the interviewing team, I usually ask for both
professional and teaching portfolio. Of course I am an art
teacher myself. Many administrators in my district ask me to
help with interview process, I don't do the actual hiring. In
this day and time when someone can take the exit test here in
Texas without even doing classroom observation or student
teaching, I have to have something to fall back on for
application end of studio work. I really much rather see what
they are asking from their students, and the level of
expectations they have. When both are presented to me, I key
in on the teaching one and then only at the end ask to look at
their professional work.

Jackie Aust
Bryan Texas
austart@bryanisd.org