Re: teaching/professional portfolio

---------

From: KPRS (KPRS_at_TeacherArtExchange)
Date: Sun Jun 23 2002 - 16:33:01 PDT

I would not want to be hired based on my personal portfolio. Why? Because
consider who is doing the interviewing. Do they know how to evaluate my
personal statements in art? Probably not. Without the risk of sounding
elitist, I bet if I showed up with a portfolio of Thomas Kinkade's work I
would be hired in a nanosecond, but if I showed up with my random visual
musings on life in general and on me in particular, I would get a pass.

I never brought my own work, but only work, and story boards and slides of
my students' work. That, educational administrators could get a handle on.

San D

---