Re: Kiln Fumes/Safety

---------

From: KPRS (KPRS_at_TeacherArtExchange)
Date: Sun Jun 23 2002 - 13:54:27 PDT

> there, but you also don't want a kiln accident to set the school on fire
over
> night. You need to keep an eye on it.

How true! One of my colleagues put a wooden board with damp greenware on the
kiln while it was on overnight, thinking the greenware would dry out, but
she almost burnt the school down instead, when the board caught on fire. (a
poor man's raku, eh?). Anyway we have always gotten into the habit of
telling the maintenance men when we put the kiln on at night, and our guys
followed their noses and put out the fire.

San D

---