New Jobs: Years of service?

---------

From: Alix E. Peshette (apeshet_at_TeacherArtExchange)
Date: Sun Jun 23 2002 - 07:31:08 PDT

Hi Dawn,
Thanks for the overview of your recent interviews. It reads just like the
interview forms we use now. I wonder if this is a national trend from the
Human Resources departments of school districts?

As I am now looking for other jobs closer to my aging parents, I am
wondering how many years of service are being accepted, generally. Anyone
care to comment on this? As a veteran of 18 years in one district, I sure
don't want to take a massive pay cut. Lately, I've read some job openings
where they are offering to accept all years of service. This is a very
hopeful sign! I've always thought that teaching must be the only profession
where you are actually penalized for 'too much' work experience! This
refusal to accept years of service also serves to "lock" teachers into a
form of indentured slavery. No wonder this profession has trouble
attracting people!!

-Alix Peshette
(third generation teacher!)

 "Work like you don't need the money,