Note: To protect the privacy of our members, e-mail addresses have been removed from the archived messages. As a result, some links may be broken.

Find Lesson Plans on getty.edu! GettyGames

Re: Kiln Fumes/Safety

---------

From: Rick (rlarson_at_TeacherArtExchange)
Date: Sun Jun 23 2002 - 05:57:08 PDT


Hi Courtney, Honestly, I don't see how the fire marshall has let this
go. It would be a violation of code in any state, I would think. Our
school now has a guy that does air quality checks- maybe there is
someone in your district that does these as well. Have you talked to
your principal? I am sure if he/she knew that these fumes are toxic, no
matter how vented, he would want this moved to a safer location for
liability sake. Just my thoughts, Betsy

David or Courtney Aman wrote:

> I teach in an elementary school built in the mid-70s, so the kiln is
> right
> inside in my classroom. It has a hood vent, which goes through the
> ceiling,

---