Re: Kinetic art games... know any?

---------

From: Susan Holland (Susan_Holland_at_TeacherArtExchange)
Date: Thu Jun 20 2002 - 07:37:37 PDT

I have played a game with 5th graders that we called Group Up. With 20 or more
kids, the leader calls out categories and the kids group up (hold hands if they
can handle that) into blobs of people. This was sort of a get to know you
game. Example- category "favorite sport" and they have to call out their
favorite and find all the people who are calling the same sport. Now, I'm just
making this up--- If kids chose a color to "be" or if you assigned them or
(this is better) have them draw paint color chips from a hat or something, they
could play this same sort of game. The leader calls out categories like
"analogous," :"shades versus tints" or "complimentary". Some of the categories
could be based on color theory knowledge, but some could be opinion or
preference categories- colors that make you feel happy, hungry, colors you
would paint a sky or colors that look good on motorcycles. Participants just
need to find a partner to fit the category, or they could try to get together
with everybody in the category. You could have participants who don't fit a
category be "out" and stand to the side until they can match the next category
with someone else who gets "out". If the leader called "colors that mix to
make purple" a lot of participants could be out that round (depending on their
color mixing experience), but they could get back in with the next round when
the leader called something else.
Anyway, I hope my rambling gives you something to build on...

susan_holland@teachnet.edb.utexas.edu

---