New work at Walker

---------

From: Kevan Nitzberg (knitzber_at_TeacherArtExchange)
Date: Wed Jun 19 2002 - 20:22:16 PDT

Hi all,

During a recent advisory committee meeting that I attended at the Walker Art
Center in Mpls. that was hosted by education director and co-member of the
Art Educator of MN. Board, Susan Rotilie, I (and the rest of the group) were
treated to a showing of a film entitled "Soliloquy", by artist Shirin
Neshat. The film was so powerful that I wrote to Ian Clothier, the lead
editor for art-themagazine.com about the piece. The result of that
correspondence was an entry that he included in the New Art section of the
magazine (the 1st URL listed below), and additional sites that he has listed
that refer to Ms. Neshat and her work.

http://www.art-themagazine.com/pages/newart.htm

http://www.carnegieinternational.org/html/forum/neshatresponse.htm

http://www.findarticles.com/cf_iview/m1285/9_29/55683962/p1/article.jhtml?te
rm=

http://www.iranian.com/Arts/Dec97/Neshat/index.html

The show will be up into September. I encourage all of you to go see her
work if you are going to be in the area. She has 6 films on view at the
Walker.

Kevan

---