Re: junior high

---------

gregjuli_at_TeacherArtExchange
Date: Wed Jun 19 2002 - 18:04:16 PDT

Lisa ,
I say the same thing ,plus add that I spent a lot of time planning and teaching
the lesson and THEY worked hard(well most of them) and need to take it home. I
tell them, parents especially like to know how hard they worked! I threaten to
mail home any work I find in the garbage and on one occasion I did. They all know
, anyhow how I'm a parent caller. Ahhh yes, middle school is a whole other
world!
MaryB

Lsmacpherson56@aol.com wrote:

> Getting middle schoolers to take work home is a problem. I address it this
> way....I tell my students that if I value their work enough to give it an A a
> B or even a C and they think it belongs in the trash, I obviously am the one
> who made the mistake. I make it clear to them if I find work anywhere within
> a 5 mile radius of school...other than in their hands on the way home, I will
> lower their grade. For the most part I find little work left behind at
> school.
>
> Lisa in NJ

---