sketchbook assignments

---------

From: Marian Colman (colmans1_at_TeacherArtExchange)
Date: Wed Jun 19 2002 - 02:08:21 PDT

Someone asked for examples of my sketchbook assignments. I have more. If
this transmits properly to you all, I will post the others. here goes:

VISUAL JOURNAL ASSIGNMENTS

Term 3

Choose 5 of the following assignments.
Due:___________________________________

 NUMBER, LABEL and DATE each assignment in the border of your page.
Remember to rule off a 1" border and to consider the format when you create
your composition.

 v 1)Draw a shoe from 2 different positions. Consider COMPOSITION!

 v 2)Draw a metallic object and everything you see in it

 v 3)Arrange a still life and draw it using a light source

 v 4)Arrange 3 items from your kitchen drawer and draw them- use
overlapping

 v 5)Set up an arrangement of 3 different shells and draw them

 v 6)Use a viewfinder to draw a section of a houseplant

 v 7)Choose a tool from your household workshop. Draw it so it goes off
at least 2 sides of your format

 v 8)Draw a group of leaves

 v 9)Set up a still life of your favorite snack food and draw it with a
light source

 v 10) BONUS ( extra credit): Design a tattoo for someone in particular:
yourself, a celebrity, a teacher etc.

---