Re: Take me off the list..... incompetent or inconsiderate?

---------

From: henry taylor (tortolitascom_at_TeacherArtExchange)
Date: Mon Jun 17 2002 - 08:37:16 PDT

> Sounds like someone got up on the wrong side of the bed.
Only one side to my bed to get up on Mary. Looks like I'm stuck between
the bookshelves.

> But I do hope you are in good health and have recovered from your injury.

Got an appointment with an orthopedist yet to come. Nah trashed my kneecap
in february and while its MUCH better I'm still limping about. Especially
in the morning and after long drives. Noting SERIOUS evidentally just
puzzling for the medicos as to why recovery is taking so long. Suspect a
tiny hairline fracture somewhere as yet un-noticed.

I agree about the delete button especially with those one-word-wonders but
I doubt that most of the teachers leaving the list with their "clean up
after me" message would accept the same from their students. Teachers
aren't hired as Janitors and Getty Systems folk were probably not hired
with removing accounts in mind either. Which is what gets my knickers in a
twist. If teachers don't need to clean up their stuff when they leave then
their students should have the same option don't you think?

It's no problem for me to delete the messages but there are a lot of us
walking out of this "cafeteria" leaving a bigger mess for the "kitchen
people" to clean up afterwards. Sure I can walk out of the "cafeteria" and
ignore what the other kids are doing... Just not sure a teacher ought to
do that.

cheers
-h
(who could never be accused of a one word reply)

---