Multicultural photo clipart.

---------

From: henry taylor (tortolitascom_at_TeacherArtExchange)
Date: Mon Jun 17 2002 - 08:17:20 PDT

Hey all, I'm looking for a source of Multicultural photographic clip art
for my students to use next year. This week and last I'm taking the "Intel
Teach To The Future" class and ahve been busy building Powerpoint
presentations websites and brochures.

One problem I've encountered is the difficulty of finding collections of
photographs of material culture: clothing, shelter, functional crafts, etc
and of people (particularly elementary /middle-school aged kids) in
regional/traditional costume. Especially important is the copyright issue
which is really tough I think for elementary kids to resolve for
themselves on the open net. Life with this would be a lot easier with a
collection of good Public Domain or Fair Use in Education sites or CD
collections also license-able for use in schools.

ANY ideas?

Thanks
_henry

---