hamster.ZIP.scr

---------

From: henry taylor (tortolitascom_at_TeacherArtExchange)
Date: Mon Jun 17 2002 - 08:05:32 PDT

Hi folks I just got a virus from a listmember's system. Which is NOT to
say that it was sent BY the list member. Viruses and worms please remember
often send themselves. This Worm/virus sends itself to all the authors of
all the UNOPENED email in your mailbox and includes the subject line of a
post as well as ablock quotation form the note to give it a sembalance of
validitu. DON'T Open "hamster.ZIP.scr"! If you do run your antivirus
program or you can get one free (I think) from the link at the bottom of
this note.

I haven't been able to contact Deborah off-line to let her know so I'm
writing to the list:

Dear Deborah,

I just recieved a file from you named "hamster.ZIP.scr" I have my doubts
that you actually ot intentionally sent it. If my guess is correct you
have been infected by the Badtrans virus. Here is a link to a website with
a description of the virus/worm and, if youdon't currently HAVE an
antivirus program a local link to a free download which hopefully will
remove Badtrans from your system. When I recieved this post from your
system it is likely that all the other sources of unopend email in your
mailbox were sent a copy as well. Good luck.

Here is the Trend Micro Link:
http://www.antivirus.com/vinfo/virusencyclo/default5.asp?VName=WORM_BADTRANS.A

cheers
-henry