Textures

---------

From: Adriana Portella (driportella_at_TeacherArtExchange)
Date: Mon Jun 17 2002 - 07:31:01 PDT

Hello, friends!

I just came to USA.
I lived in Brazil.
I got married and now I am living in Watertown - WI.

Before leaving Rio I went to a course: special effects on paintings and textures.

Now I have some problems trying to guess what are the names of the items here.
I already know we can buy some paint that already have textures...
But what's the name of the "white thing" I add to a wall (can I do with wood too or do I need to add special glue?) if I decide to use a spatule and create an unique texture?

Could you help me please?

I am very excited about some new things and the list brings me a lot of ideas.
I am waiting for the official translation of my credits and documents because without that I can't go to the Department of Education and compare them to the requests of USA for teaching.
I am sure I will need to have some classes: probably English, American History and any missing credits.

Let's see how things will go here.

After all the "storm" I have plans of being more active here.
I really appreciate the way you do it here.

By the way: who will be in NYC on August?
I will be there because we will present a paper at the INSEA Conference.
Any chances of meeting you in person???

Sincerely,

Adri

---