Grading the sketchbboks

---------

From: Marian Colman (colmans1_at_TeacherArtExchange)
Date: Mon Jun 17 2002 - 03:01:23 PDT

I grade the sketchbooks assignment by assignment. When I give a research
assignment, such as do a page on an artist who works with still life ( and I
have a handout with the assignment clearly stated) I grade the page when the
assignment is due. When I give a longer assignment such as create 5
sketches that revolve around the theme of still life, then I grade all 5
when the book is handed in. I usually give them 4 weeks to do the 5
drawings. I then average the various assignments for the final sketchbook
grade which is 25% of their final term grade. Does this make sense?
Marian

---