ArtsEdNetters at Savannah

---------

From: Alix E. Peshette (apeshet_at_TeacherArtExchange)
Date: Sun Jun 16 2002 - 18:39:26 PDT

Hi Gang,
School ended on Friday and four hours later I was on a plane to Savannah,
Georgia for the Art Educator's Forum at Savannah College of Art and Design.
After sleeping through the first day here, on Sunday I met new friends and
we toured Savannah, shopped, visited art galleries, and ended up at the City
Market Square listening to live music. This is the life!! The locals are
really friendly, the architecture is to die for and the weather (so far) has
been a lot like home (central valley, California). I've also been seeing
buildings where they filmed "Midnight in the Garden of Good and Evil" It's
"Gone with the Wind" set in the 21st century!

Tomorrow starts the two workshops I'm enrolled in; video editing with
Premiere and drawing and painting on photographs!
I've been trying to locate our other ArtsEdNetters, but haven't connected
with anyone yet. I did see Sid Miller's lesson plan in the lesson plan
collection they gave us. So Sid, if you get on line to read this, look me
up in room 453!!

So, take care everyone and Happy End of School, Start of Summer and hope you
year-rounders are off track!

-Alix Peshette