Re: sketchbook question

---------

From: The Austin's (whest177_at_TeacherArtExchange)
Date: Sun Jun 16 2002 - 12:59:02 PDT

Originally I purchased pre-made sketchbooks for my high school students. I discovered that by purchasing 9x12" drawing paper, 9x12" tagboard for covers, and the spriral binders I can have my all my grades 7-12 art students have a sketchbook for under $30. My students love them as they can easily take out pages that were not successful and add paper as needed. We have a spiral binder at the grade school and I borrow it for 1-2 days every 6 weeks or so. We use them for everything - all notes are put in sketchbooks, artist quotes, reflections, as well as drawing assignments. I use daily points, so if a student is absent they may create a sketch to make up those points.
~Michal

  Marian and all,
  What do you use for the sketchbooks? After looking at your web page it looks like a spiral bound notebook. Is the paper lined? We made sketchbooks last year but the cost was more then needed to use from my budget, so I was looking for a cheaper way. Any ideas would be appreciated.

---